Spring Dessert for a Mexican themed dinner…spring mango, pineapple and strawberries with fresh lime juice and chili
Chamoy (Sweet – Salt – Lime –Chili) for Fresh Fruit or Vegetables
What a great way to enhance the flavor of fresh fruit/vegetables. The lime juice brings out the natural sweetness and the sweet-salt adds a refreshing note and brings out all the natural juices of the fruit and or vegetables. In Mexico this spice mix is called Chamoy and its very popular.
- Fresh fruit or vegetables sliced into long wedges
- 1 whole cucumbers 1 or 2 whole carrots
- 1 whole Mangoes 1 pineapple
- Sweet/ Salt mixture
- 1 ½ tsp ground chili ( mild or hot)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 75 g coconut sugar (or use white sugar if you don’t have coconut)
- Plus fresh limes
Make it like so....
- Select which fruits and vegetables you want. This can be a single item, or a mixed plate where vegetables and fruits are mixed together. Slice into long wedges.
- Combine the sweet salt ingredients together and store in a airtight container.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle fresh lime juice over the sliced items. Once done, sprinkle over the sweet salt mixture as a dusting.