Cucumbers are loaded with Vitamin C, potassium and are 95% water!
What a great way to use Cucumbers! Raita!!
In India, the condiment is used to cool the palate. But don't stop there.... you can use Raita as a cool dip for grilled meats and vegetables.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated seeded cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of Sea Salt
Make it like so....
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt. Chill raita, covered, until ready to serve.
You can serve this with other items besides Indian food. It goes well with BBQ meats.
Patricia of Warmly Nourished