Jump to recipe
To be honest, I really like to chew my food, so having a smoothie can sometimes put me off. That’s not the case with this lovely smoothie. I call it my Healthier Green Smoothie.
Make every meal special, why not serve your fresh and healthy breakfast smoothie in a wine glass!
Well balanced using fresh spinach, fresh apple -with peel, good fats with flax seeds, hemp seeds, tahini and a medjool date for hit of sweetness wrapped up with fibre and iron. But what I really love is the addition of essential oils. For this recipe I choose lemon, lime and ginger. The lemon and Lime help with your metabolism in the morning and the freshness wakes me up. I used Ginger for the warming touch it gives and for digestion.
What a perfect breakfast smoothie!
Healthier Green Smoothie With Essential Oils
Bright, well balanced Smoothie that will suit the whole family.
1. You can use red or green apple. Or other fruit such as Pear or even kiwi fruit.
2. The Essential Oils are an optional extra. You don't need to have them on hand or use them.
- 1 red or green apple, core removed
- 1 to 2 cups Spinach OR Kale
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 soft medjool date, stone removed
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 drops lemon doTERRA Essential Oil
- 3 drops lime doTERRA Essential Oil
- 2 drops ginger doTERRA Essential Oil
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and process.
- Pour finished smoothie into glass of choice - I used a wine glass for fun.
- Makes enough for 2 serves.
© 2021 Patricia of Warmly Nourished
So balances…so fresh…loving the essential oil addition!