And does AGE really matter?
I have been thinking a lot about age this year as I am about to move into a new decade with the start of 2020. Which got me thinking, does it matter how old I am – and I have concluded – NO it does not.
Sometime before my last decade birthday I stopped wearing makeup. This started as I moved from a desk job to a kitchen job. I loved the freedom of not putting stuff on my face… little by little I let go of vanity things. Around the same time, I made a decision NOT to colour my hair – so I never did and when it started going WHITE, I choose to let nature takes its course! And you know I think it looks rather cool!
Dear younger self – don’t be in such a hurry to grow up. Enjoy the road to YOU! Ah but my younger self didn’t hear this she was too busy keeping up – and growing up!
Her road was travelled and yet not examined. NOW THE ROAD I TAKE IS EXAMINED AND I AM ENJOYING THE JOURNEY!
Over this past year I have explored more about what will help my body thrive as I age. Sort of keeping the biological clock in check. What I have discovered has been a real eye opener. Here is what I mean:
- I no longer get up at the crack of dawn to pound the pavement; instead I wake up and gently stretch, do a bit of mouth and teeth cleaning before moving into the kitchen for my warm water/lemon/grated fresh ginger and raw honey tea. What a delight this has been and I started doing this in December 2018. (From my PH360 profile chronological information)
- I still walk, in fact I do between 10,000 and 15, 000 per day. I just leave it for later and enjoy my Zen morning time. It makes me happy and my body is loving the gentle change.
- Learning functional movement (“Move Your DNA” By Katy Bowmen). Helping to keep the body machine well oiled!
- Proper breathing has also been a welcome surprize. What can I say – better digestion, mood, sleep and the list goes on (“Breathe” by Jean Hall as well as meditations in group and on my own)
- The other big change was eating my largest meal of the day between 1:30 and 3:00 pm. And when I balance this meal well, I find it can be my last meal of the day. (From my PH360 profile chronological information)
- I have also noticed with these small changes; I am seeing rather nice changes. My moods seem to be calmer; I am losing some weight that my body really doesn’t need, and my joints (I have suffered with osteoarthritis) are feeling so wonderful.
The above are the newer changes, however, back in 2014 I went of coffee –HUGE – after reading Dr. Libby’s book “Rushing Woman’s Syndrome”. In 2015 I give up alcohol and once more it really helped with my joints. I now enjoy a little alcohol for special events. However, I suspect the biggest and best change was the overhaul of my diet. I started putting focus on vegetables and foods without labels. I went back to whole food. And I have a fun little bliss ball to give you some JOY this holiday as well as holiday cookie.
And this year as I look in the mirror, I feel blessed! The journey towards me has not been a one-year project, rather a multi-year and multi-step one. What I do know is my life is in its SECOND SPRING (learnings from reading “Goddesses Never Age” by Christiane Northrup, M.D.) And AGE will not define me nor will it define WHAT I CAN OR CANNOT DO. I plan on being on this planet for some time, and while I am here, I will live my life fully, without constraints.
I will keep reading, walking, bike riding, and creating and making great food!
How does this all sound to you? Can I help in any way?
My coaching focuses on rediscovering your vibrant self and helping you make the life changes which will best suit you! I do have a magic key to help unlock a few doors for you and shorten the process and answer the question – WHAT SHOULD I EAT! I can help you with that and a few more areas of your life.